2017 Hawthorn Citz Committee
The Club is delighted to announce the election of the 2017 Committee at our AGM on 25 October:
- Scott Russell – President
- Dave Stanford – Vice President
- Peter Gambell – Secretary
- Dean Schultz – Treasurer
- Rob Gould – Director of Football Operations
- Sarah Markey-Hamm – Team Manager Coordinator
- Nick Augerinos
- Ann Cordiner
- Warde Elliott
- John Ferguson
We’re a happy team at Hawthorn
We are a community based, grass roots footy club that has grown over the last decade to 19 junior teams and 400 players. We are proud of the way that we play football and proud to be the custodians of the Club for the footballers of tomorrow.
Our Citz mantra is S.I.D.E – we provide an environment for our players which is:
We are about:
- Being the best club for each and every player who wears the brown and gold.
- Giving our players and parents an opportunity to make new friends – some that may last a lifetime.
- Providing a safe and inclusive environment for our boys and girls to develop their skills.
- Developing our players not just in football, but in being a team member and thinking about team before individual.
- Having a strong sense of community and enjoying the company of our fellow Citz members.
We aren’t just about winning premierships, but we will celebrate them when we have the good fortune of doing so.
We aren’t about playing in a particular YJFL division. We aim to be competitive in whatever division we are playing.